Are you less than happy with your smile? If your dental health is good, you could be a candidate for a smile makeover that can make you look better, and improve your self-confidence.
A smile makeover is any treatment, or combination of treatments, to help your teeth look better. It could be as complex as a full set of dental crowns or implants, or as simple as whitening treatments. Porcelain veneers and bonding are also cosmetic treatments.
A smile makeover is not a restorative treatment, except by coincidence. Some types of smile makeovers (crowns, for instance) will also restore functionality, but when done cosmetically, that is not their main purpose. Simply stated, a restorative treatment is something you need to give back function. A smile makeover is an elective procedure.
If there is anything that makes you unhappy about your smile, a smile makeover from Maniscalco Cosmetic & General Dentistry in Birmingham, AL can correct the issue. Some of the problems that respond well to cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Unsightly Fillings – We can remove your old metal fillings, and replace them with tooth-colored (composite) fillings.
- Chipping, Cracking or Unevenness – Bonding, crowns, or porcelain veneers can correct these problems.
- Spacing and Alignment – Crooked, gapping or overlapping teeth can often be corrected using crowns or porcelain veneers, and braces in extreme cases.
- Missing Teeth – A missing tooth, or teeth, in the visible areas of your mouth, can make you look prematurely aged. Bridgework, dentures or implants can be used to replace missing teeth.
- Discolored Teeth – If your teeth are yellowed, dull, stained or otherwise discolored, they may respond to a whitening treatment. More severe cases can be corrected with crowns or porcelain veneers.
There are cosmetic dentistry treatments for practically any issue with your smile.
Dr. Michael Maniscalco has been practicing cosmetic dentistry for many years, and he can work with you to devise a plan for your smile makeover. The procedures involved will depend on which conditions you want to have corrected.
Almost any dental procedure, whether it is cosmetic or restorative, is going to depend on the way you care for your teeth following the procedure. Implants, veneers and crowns will not decay, but you still have to brush regularly, floss, and see Dr. Maniscalco for regular checkups. This is because you can develop periodontal (gum) disease if you are not vigilant about your oral health, and gum disease can cause cosmetic treatments to become compromised. If you take care of your smile makeover it will last a long time.
Maniscalco Cosmetic & General Dentistry is located at 3419 Colonnade Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35243. If you would like to talk with Dr. Maniscalco about smile makeover treatments, call us at 205-967-9100. If you prefer, you can book a consultation by using the convenient form on our Contact Us page. You do not have to live with a smile that doesn’t please you.